For advertisement, paid editorial, insert and sponsorship bookings
1. The Publisher (Elcot Media & Events Ltd) will not be liable for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise occasioned by error, late publication, or the failure of an advertisement to appear from any cause whatsoever.
2. The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament nor is it in any other way illegal or defamatory or an infringement of any other party’s rights or an infringement of the British Code of Advertising Practice.
3. The Advertiser will indemnify The Publisher against any damage and/or loss and/or expense which the publisher may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of The Advertiser’s announcement.
4. Copy must be supplied by The Advertiser by the publication deadline. In the event of copy instructions or finished artwork not being supplied by the due date, The Publisher reserves the right to repeat the copy/artwork last used, alternatively the right to publish only the name and address of The Advertiser. In either case, the total price of the order will remain unaltered.
5. It is understood and agreed that copyright in designs and text prepared by The Publisher shall remain his property. Advertisements including such material may not be reproduced elsewhere without his consent.
6. The Publisher cannot accept responsibility for changes in copy unless these are confirmed in writing and received by the deadline. The Publisher reserves the right to charge for any additional expenses involved in such changes.
7. Copy matter must conform to The Publisher’s requirements. Any additional work required may be charged for.
8. The Publisher is not responsible for any loss or damage howsoever arising due to the quality of reproduction of any photographs supplied.
9. The Publisher cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to artwork, photographs or other material submitted by The Advertiser.
10. Cancellation or reduction of any advertisement must be notified in writing to The Publisher 21 days before the publication deadline.
11. Cancellation of an advertisement or insertion will incur the following fee:
- Up to 6 weeks before deadline: 50% of the total invoice
- Less than 6 weeks before deadline: 70% of the total invoice
12. Series bookings and sponsorships are usually at a discount rate based on prepayment prior to publication, the event, or the campaign. Such prepayments are non-refundable
13. For table sales and individual places at our events, payment must be made in advance of the event, and cancellations and refunds must be notified in writing, giving 14 days’ clear notice before the date of the event. Refund policy:
- Up to 14 days’ clear notice: full refund of the invoice
- Less than 14 days: no refund
14. Prepayment discounts apply only if the invoice is settled within our usual payment terms (stated on the invoice).
15. The signing of the Booking Form or agreement by email shall amount to acceptance of these conditions.
For events bookings
Cancellation Policy: Please be aware that we do not accept cancellation of bookings for events, as we make arrangements to support the number of places booked and incur costs that cannot often be recovered. If you have booked a place at an event and are no longer able to attend, please ask a colleague to attend in your place – we’re happy for you to transfer your booking, and just ask that you let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.