Blandy & Blandy has experienced a rise in demand from clients with legal requirements overseas, according to partner Nick Burrows.
“Throughout the past 12 months we have continued to see increased demand for work to be undertaken internationally. As members of the Law Firm Network we are well placed to refer our clients, whether businesses or private individuals, to trusted and like-minded firms internationally and to offer a more cost-effective and responsive service than many City or national firms.”
Approaching its 30th anniversary, the Law Firm Network is recognised as a leading international network in Chambers Global guide. Blandy & Blandy is one of over 50 member firms worldwide.
Burrows continued: “We also advise a growing number of overseas-based clients investing in or establishing a presence here in the UK.”
What is a business Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)?
An LPA is a legal document that allows those nominated as attorneys to make decisions on a person’s (donor’s) behalf.
A business LPA can be used if a business owner:
- is abroad on holiday or for business
- has had an accident that means they are no longer capable of acting
- has an incapacitating medical condition that means they are no longer capable of acting.
A business LPA is suitable for:
- a sole trader as they are not a separate legal entity to their business
- a person who is self-employed as they are not a separate legal entity to their business
- a director of a company if a director’s incapacitation is not covered by the articles of association or memorandum of association
- a partner within a partnership if a partner’s incapacitation is not covered by the articles of association or memorandum of association.
email@example.com • 0118 9516943
Blandy acquires Clarkslegal LLP’s private client business
Blandy & Blandy’s recent acquisition of Clarkslegal’s private client business further reinforces Blandy & Blandy’s position as one of the leading firms advising individuals and families in the south of England.
Joint managing partner and team head Jonathan Gater said: “Following our expansion into Henley-on-Thames and as we mark our 285th anniversary this year, we are delighted at this opportunity to continue our growth and to further demonstrate our strong position in both Reading and Henley-on-Thames, as well as the wider Thames Valley region.”
Blandy & Blandy has been named as a top tier firm for ‘private wealth law’ in the 2018 edition of Chambers High Net Worth guide.