Elcot is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our Website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
When you visit or use our Website, we may require certain details including personal data – as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) – from you, including without limitation your name and email address. This policy is in relation to any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to Elcot (collectively the “Data”). Elcot considers your privacy to be very important and this policy sets out the reasons for requesting and using the Data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Elcot Media & Events Ltd of Howarth Lodge, 7 Reading Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7LR. In accordance with the Act we have notified the office of the Information Commissioner of our data processing activities. Our registration number is 2845711.
Elcot may change this policy occasionally by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 1, 2013.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following information:
• name and age (where necessary)
• contact information including email address, postal address and telephone number
• information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of uploading any material or using any service on our Website.
Whenever you contact Elcot, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
What we do with the information we gather
We require the Data to understand your needs and provide you with a better website, and to administer, manage, promote and publicise our Website, and in particular for the following reasons:
• processing your requests
• providing a personalised service
• maintaining accounts and records
• administration of membership records
• statistical analysis and conducting market research surveys
• to contact you in relation to our Website and any connected services
• internal record keeping
• assessing and evaluating the use that is being made of the Website
• information and databank compilation and administration
• we may use the information to improve our Website and any connected services
• we may periodically send promotional emails about new products and services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
• from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise our Website according to your interests.
The personal details we request allow Elcot to contact you by post, phone, fax or electronic means (e-mail or SMS). Other details requested are for the purposes of establishing what services may be suitable to you or your business. We may also use the Data, or permit selected third parties to use the Data, to provide you with information about goods and services which we believe may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, phone, fax or electronic means (e-mail or SMS).
We (and, where we permit selected third parties to use the Data, they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. We will only sell or otherwise provide the Data to third parties in order for those third parties to offer goods and services to you that may be unrelated to Elcot, where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer, store and process the Data to/in countries outside the EEC in connection with the processing mentioned above. The Data may therefore be proceed in countries where the rights and benefits conferred on data subjects may not be as favorable as in the United Kingdom. We will only take such action where you have agreed to this by accepting this provision when the Data was collected.
We are committed to ensuring that the Data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Data we collect online.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason our website and some of our third-party providers may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive allowing websites to recognise one user from another. Cookies can be deleted from your hard drive if you want to. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but your web browser can be altered so as to prevent acceptance.
At no point will your data be captured and sold to third parties without your consent.
Cookies help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
• to estimate our audience size and usage pattern
• to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests
• to speed up your searches
• to recognise you when you return to our Website.
• Google Analytics – this enables us to track our website traffic
• Flurry – this enables us to track our Tablet readers
• AdSpeed – this enables us to manage and track adverts on our site
• CrazyEgg – this enables us to track adverts on our site.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our Website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish for this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Elcot Publications Ltd, Howarth Lodge, 7 Reading Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire, RG8 7LY
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.