Security and networking next-generation value-added distributor (VAD) Cloud Distribution has reported strong business results for the first nine months of 2013, including 300% revenue growth, fuelled by: a strengthened vendor portfolio, the introduction of a range of pre-packaged services to accelerate its partners go-to-market strategies and additions to its team.
“Cloud Distribution has had an incredible 2013 so far,” said managing director Scott Dobson. “We’re making good progress against our mission to introduce disruptive, innovative security and networking technologies to the UK, and we’re already ahead of our revenue forecast. We’re building a strong, evangelical reseller community by providing services and tools to accelerate their go-to-market strategies. We are looking to exit 2013 with a strong tail wind which will set us up beautifully for 2014.”
Key successes include:
- Extended vendor portfolio – signings include: Aerohive Networks, Enterasys Networks, Exinda, Fiberlink Maas 360, Lacoon Security, Lastline, Talon Storage and Watchful Software.
- Solution approach – four solution stacks have been created (LAN & Wireless, WAN, Enterprise Mobility and Security) all comprising products that are next-generation and cloud-based. The solutions can be sold stand-alone, bundled or sold as a partner-branded managed service, enabling resellers to create their own bespoke solutions that meet the needs of their end-users.
- Value-add sales tools – designed to support business partners in building qualified pipeline, and assisting with commercial and marketing activities.
- Strategic hires – Cloud Distribution’s team has grown by 350% in 2013 with hires across the board. Among Cloud’s new starters this year are industry veterans Andy Fidgeon and Dale Wilson who joined the team as UK sales manager and northern account manager, respectively.
- Industry recognition – winner at Microscope ACE and CRN’s Sales & Marketing awards.
Dave Henderson, sales director at Cloud reseller Bluefort, said: “Cloud Distribution’s Altitude service is second to none. In a very short space of time we had a solid pipeline of qualified leads, many of which have now converted into deals. This really makes Cloud stand out from our more ‘traditional’ distribution partners.”
Jonathan Mepsted, UK sales director at Lastline, commented: “Cloud Distribution’s demand-gen capabilities are unrivalled. We’ve rapidly gone from a standing start to having a solid, qualified pipeline of leads, something that we could not have achieved so quickly on our own. In addition, the fact that we are offering our customers a 24×7 Lastline-branded help desk, thanks to the Cloud Cover offering, has helped us reinforce our position as a credible player in the market.”
Dobson concluded: “The momentum we have enjoyed in 2013 is just the tip of the iceberg. Our strategy of bringing innovative and disruptive security and networking solutions to market is paying off. We are plugging a real gap in the distribution market, giving next-generation technology vendors the platform they need to succeed.”