Law firm Shoosmiths has announced three women legal advisers at its Thames Valley office – part of its 13 new partners in its May promotions round – the biggest number of partner promotions it has made in recent years.
The promotions – seven men and six women – cover a wide range of practice areas, including real estate, business advisory and corporate; including the law firm’s Forbury Road, Reading office as well as at seven other locations throughout the country.
The new partners are:
- Thames Valley: Nina Smith, corporate; Fiona Teague, business advisory; Fleur Turrington, business advisory
- London: Liam Phillips, real estate
- Solent: Jonathan Smart, business advisory
- Milton Keynes: Claire Checketts, corporate
- Birmingham: Tim Flight, real estate; Andrew Outram, real estate; Alistair Hammerton, corporate
- Nottingham: Michael Briggs, business advisory
- Manchester: James Brodie, real estate; Kirsty Black, real estate
- Edinburgh: Sheelagh Cooley, real estate
Shoosmiths chief executive Simon Boss said: “This is an exciting time for everyone at Shoosmiths, having launched a bold new strategy aimed at taking the firm towards even bigger success. We are in no doubt that these new partners will play an important role in driving this forward.
“I’d like to personally take the opportunity to say a big thank you to those individuals who have been promoted, in recognition of the contribution they have made to the firm’s success over the years and look forward to working with them in the future.”
In a recent partner gender split report by Aspirant Analytics, Shoosmiths was one of only two firms to have exceeded the goal of a 30/70 split at partner level.