IBB (Iliffes Booth Bennett) specialises in M&A, commercial and banking work. The team caters for a wide range of clients, assisting locally-based small and medium-sized enterprises, family-owned businesses, individual shareholders, but also large multinationals.
The team has been increasingly involved in cross-border transactions through a well-developed network of international lawyers. Other areas of strength include work in the hospitality sector, banking and finance and real estate. The names to note are practice head Adam Dowdney, Harriet Jones (promoted to partner in May 2019) and Michelle Waligora.
Practice head(s): Adam Dowdney
Other key lawyers: Harriet Jones; Michelle Waligora
- Advised the shareholders of Rice & Cole on a share sale.
- Advised Accelerate Group on the acquisition of the Webtrends Optimize business from Webtrends.
- Advising Gamevy on documentation concerning the merger of certain operations with Lottoland.
- Advising Cofco Holdings on the sale of a Ghanaian company.
- Advised a client on refinancing and group reorganisation to facilitate hotel development.